29.1.11

Hell of the west preview

My nasty coach is making me train through this race.... tomorrow is going to hurt!

Made the long drive out here yesterday and met up with a friend for a classy steak at the Goondiwindi RSL! It's been getting up to 42 degrees out here this week however today feels like a cool change. Sunny and fine with a little wind blowing, looks like it will be same conditions tomorrow. Should be a bit of fun and a solid training session. Unfortunately I don't think there will be any celebrity sightings this weekend.

My big news though: I have decided to take a sabbatical from my job as a Physiotherapist for 12months to really try my legs at the sport. I feel I have only been able to commit about 75% of myself to racing and training  without any recovery scheduled into my training program. I am very excited about this move and cannot wait to give triathlon my totaly focus and energy... in another sense it's a big scary step for me but my friends, family, coaches & sponsors have been nothing but supportive and encourging with the move. Thanks especially to good friend/ mentor Caroline 'Xena' Steffen who gave me the final shove to make the decision- Girl i'll be calling on you for food and a floor to sleep on when I'm starving and homeless!

Lets go tomorrow! Report to follow.....

Rachie x

No comments:

Post a Comment