5.1.11

Port Tauranga Preview

Would you believe it's hot and I'm sunburnt! But this is where the sunshine has been hiding. After leaving a wet and rainy Sunshine Coast on New Years Day and spending a few days down at the Gold Coast for Summer Field Dayz music festival and my last few hard days of training I arrived in a sunny and hot Auckland. Adam Gordon (my lift to the Mount) was there waiting for me in a van that refused to start. So after an hour of 'bonding time' in the Auckland Airport car park the road service guy fiddled with the battery and we were finally on our way to Port Tauranga. Arriving a little later than expected I was dropped off at the home of the lovely Gerald & Denise (my homestay family) and crashed hard.

Today has been pretty cruisy, but hectic at the same time. A drive over the bike course followed by a ride over the bike course, crashed again, ran around the Mount along the trails in the run course (much harder than I thought!), crashed AGAIN and then a swim in the bay with the local tri club.

Much thanks to my homestay family. I feel like I have come home to my parent's place. They even have the same dog! I have decided I love NZ :-)

Let the good times continue for the weekend. Time to smash it up- 2011 here I come!!!

Rachie x

No comments:

Post a Comment