26.2.11

Unemployed with upcoming adventures!

So a Physio no more!! Well for the next 12months at least.... hopefully for a lot lot longer though!

Finished up my job with the Warana Sportscare crew yesterday. After just over 2.5 years there I have decided to put all my eggs in one basket and give it a proper crack, so here goes. Nervous about this big decision but if i never give it a go I'll never know, and i'll never forgive myself!

Aside from that got some lovely quad and calf compression garments this week from Compressport Australia, wearing them right now after my long run this morning.

Did a little sprint race at Bribie Island two weeks ago. Started out well with a pretty good swim for me, was hitting the bike hard but came off about 3km into the bike on a roundabout. Think there was a bit of loose gravel on the road and my back wheel slide out from underneath me. Left a fair amount of skin on the road, got up and considered a DNF, but after a quick 'toughen up princess' put my chain back on and got back into the race. Managed to pull all but one girl back on the ride and moved into 1st place within 1km on the run, so well worth it to have a little win, even if i crossed the line bleeding. So training hard, started a new swim squad (which i'm loving for once!) and getting the prep/kms in for my next big overseas adventure.

Lining up on the 12th of March in the Abu Dhabi International Triathlon. Big pro field and will be the longest/ biggest race of my career to date... hoping to surprise myself! The humid hot QLD weather has been great for this race's prep. Then will jump on a plane and head to Singapore to race the Avia 70.3 there on the 20th. So a big 9 days away but looking forward to doing some big international racing again.

Stay tuned

Rachie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment