19.3.11

singapore 70.3 pre-view

I arrived in Singapore on Sunday night and was met at the airport by my homestay’s daughter Lauren and another lady (who has a car!) Donna. After a short drive to my homestay’s lovely apartment building with a 30m outdoor pool (about 6 lanes wide too!), I crashed hard.
I have made the most of the 30m pool, running along the river, biking with some locals and the massage lady 3 blocks away. So far have had 3 trips to 3 different bike shops for 3 different problems! Valve, bottom bracket (and then the guy snapped off my back derailer!) and front brakes- so that’s 3 so I’m done J Apart from that I have really been pretty much bed ridden keeping recovery at the highest of priorities. I am actually feeling quite good considering the race I did on Saturday.
So after last weekend’s fiasco I’m even nervier about this race! Normally I would go into a 70.3 full of confidence and excited but this time round I’m worried. I know I’m fit but I’m scared of a repeat of Abu Dhabi- whatever happened there, happening again. So I’m putting it behind me, fresh race fresh head. Lots of impressive girls on the start list for the weekend so will be a good hit out to see where I’m at right now. Then back home the night of the race. Lots of work to do when I get home.
Rachie xo



No comments:

Post a Comment